- Worship at All Saints
- Pew Sheets
- Holy Week & Easter
- Church Life
- Picture Galleries
- Pastoral Care
- Mothers’ Union
- Flower Festival
- Holbeach St Nicholas Community Fayre
- Children & Young People
- History & Video
- About Us
Holbeach Community Larder
Foodbank & Café
The Community Larder was set up in September 2013, initially just offering the facilities of a foodbank, but soon began to serve a weekly hot meal, free of charge to all comers.
We are open from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm every Friday with lunches served between 12:00 to 1:00 pm.
Individuals and families can be referred to the Community Larder for a food parcel by local agencies such as the Citizen’s Advice Bureau, the Job Centre, Social Services or Health Visitors. All of the agencies have a supply of our vouchers. We also complete vouchers on the day for people who self-refer – though we will ask for documentary evidence of need in the form of a letter from the jobcentre or DWP etc.
If the need continues for several weeks, we can give up to three parcels and possibly more at the Trustees discretion.
Anyone is welcome to have lunch with us and are simply invited to make a donation towards the lunch of what they can afford. People may come because they are homeless or have no cooking facilities or just because they are lonely and enjoy a bit of company over lunch. We try not to turn anyone away. Some come every week and some only occasionally. So far we have never run out of food or space at the table!
(Pictured – Christmas Lunch 2016)
Support & Volunteers
We are supported by all the local schools and churches and many of our local businesses, including Tesco and Marks & Spencer.
The Community Larder and Café offer a number of volunteering opportunities:
- Working in the storeroom – sorting donations of food and packing up food parcels
- Staffing the foodbank reception desk – being the first port of call for those who need a food parcel and completing all the necessary administration
- Kitchen assistant – helping with food preparation, serving and washing up etc.
- Cook – to take a turn on the rota for planning, preparing and serving the meal
- Serving at table – making hot drinks and serving meals and clearing the tables
- Staffing our food bank appeals – being on duty in Tesco during our Christmas appeal and sorting and boxing up the many donations we receive from local schools, churches and shops that we receive at Harvest and Christmas.
We welcome anyone from the community who is interested in helping. You will be required to complete a short application form and be interviewed in order to find the best role for you. Please contact Rev’d Rosamund Seal on 01406 424989 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
The Community Larder always welcomes donations of non-perishable foodstuffs. These can be brought to the Larder on any Friday when we are open or left in the black tub at the back of All Saints Church.
We always need a steady supply of essential items such as Cereals, Noodles, Rice, UHT milk, squash, sandwich paste, tinned ham, tinned sponge puddings, sugar, jams, pasta sauces and biscuits.
Please help if you can.
Pictured, are some of the generous community, local school and business donations for Harvest Festival 2017. These will help considerably towards running the Foodbank for the next few months. A massive thank you to anyone who donated and all the volunteers who helped with collecting and sorting items.
Holbeach Community Larder is a registered charity (Charity Number 1176177).
You may also find the following links useful